Pages

19 November 2004

farewell my rotten friend

Today I found out that my supervisor, Mike, is moving to a different department. This is the same Mike of "I clean your rot, you clean mine." The same Mike I've worked with for 1 year, 3 months, and 8 days. The same Mike who I've played endless pranks on. The same Mike who I've covered for and who's covered for me a million times. The same Mike who believes I deserve a raise. The same Mike who took me aside a week ago and let me know he was interviewing for another position and that he would let me know if they opened his position so I could apply. They didn't open his position. They gave it to someone in another department who doesn't understand the camaraderie or the family we've established over here. Someone who doesn’t know the systems or the policies and I'll have to train him just like I trained the last new supervisor when the company could just save themselves the trouble of all this training (since it honestly interrupts the vital work I'm doing) and put me in that position. Mike told me they are opening the new someone's position and that I should apply. Maybe I will, and if they want to hire me, I'll mention that it would be a lot easier for them if they just left him over there and made me supervisor over the team that I've given 1 year, 3 months, and 8 days of my precious life to.

No comments:

Post a Comment