Pages

17 April 2005

prospects...

I finally found a *ward!! I went to my brother's ward for 3 weeks and everyone was perfectly ridiculous. A bunch of self-conscious, self absorbed young people eyeing each other from a distance. And the pickins were very slim... no dating prospects. There was one overly orange young man who looked like he fell in a vat of self tanning creme and who loves himself more than anyone else ever could. He's a perpetual joke among my sisters. I went to my sister's ward today and 5 different attractive young men immediately came and introduced themselves to me. My sis was like, "That's 5! You said the other place wasn't friendly enough..." I told her it was my hair, the lure of the jungle, if you will. Everyone seemed so cool and self assured. There are a lot of girls my age too. Finally, the hope of some friends. It feels like a natural fit for me. It reminds me of the byu 2nd ward, just older. Crazy coincidence, my bishop is even a doctor. I'm totally sticking with this one. I'll let you know how it goes...

*For those who don't know, a ward is a local congregation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints .

1 comment:

Em said...

Hurray for finding a good looking and friendly ward! I love both good lookingedness and friendliness. Both.

Post a Comment