Pages

16 July 2006

Oh dear...

Ok now, I had no idea that emotions ran so high about my hair. Ya'll have been cool about it on my blog but I've gotten some crazy reactions to the "should I chop my hair?" question at home. Friends family and perfect strangers alike are divided. And I've received opposition from some unlikely sources (a short haired sister among others). I'll spare you the details. Anyhow, The reason I posed this question to the blogiverse is not because I am seeking approval, it's because I'm seeking feedback. And since most of my dear friends live far away this is the best medium to receive that feedback. I trust that none of you want me to look crazy so you'll tell me honestly what you think. And I truly appreciate that. If you are attached to my hair that's cool. I love you too. If you want me to, I'll send it to you when and if I cut it off. But as India says, I Am Not My Hair. As I told a friend this week, "Hair and fashion go much deeper for me than just hoping some guy thinks I'm alright. Because I think I'm more than just alright, and I'm going into an industry that is all about looks. The way I present myself will Affect everything from who hires me, to how much money I make, and who my clientele will be. My current hair is perceived as conservative, basic, boring. If I want to get noticed in this industry, I have to stand out." Maybe keeping it long will help me stand out, I don't know yet. But I do know that it grows back. Here's an easier way for ya'll to let me know how you feel. Take my poll!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Leah, and I realize your professional requirements. But if you're asking my personal opinion, which, let me tell you, is far removed from your industry, I think you look better with long hair. Nevertheless, I'm willing to temper my vote considering your fashion requirements, which is why I went with medium. Sorry, i just wanted to explain my vote.

Anonymous said...

I just realized that posting in caps could be taken for screaming. Sorry! I just like the font and it happens to be in all caps. I WASN'T SCREAMING AT YOU!

Anonymous said...

girl, you hot. and you be hot. no matter what.

Anonymous said...

i love the idea of chopping the hair, but i think you should have some fun with your long hair first. do a fun, funky style you wouldn't normally do, and then when you get tired of that, cut it all off.

Anonymous said...

Good advice Kat!

Post a Comment