Pages

01 January 2007

Resolve

At New Year's I usually resolve to not make any concrete resolutions. Which is a contradiction, I know. But this year I want to set goals. I'm still thinking on what I'd like to resolve to do, but I know I want to do something brave and new at least once a month. I'm going to make a list of those things and then I'll post them here. That's one.

As of today, I don't want a career in hair. But I am going to finish school. And who knows, maybe I just feel that way because I've been stressed out and just got over a really bad cold. And because the American way is to take your dream and beat the hell out of it until it barely resembles what you originally conceived and you begin to resent it. But maybe the spark will re-ignite. Here's hoping. So that's the second resolution, I will finish school no matter what.

Thirdly, I will make time for myself. School and work are sapping me. And I've just been coming home and vegging out in front of the tv because I'm so tired. I'm going to use those few hours before bed to do constructive things. That's three.

Just as important, I'm going to save my money for a trip to see my friends after graduation. There's four. That's good for now. I'm going to get to work on that list and I'll get back to you.

I hope you all have a wonderful and fulfilling year!

Much love.


Nessa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my only resolution this year was to not quit drinking diet coke.

i think your resolutions are much better.

Post a Comment