Pages

02 May 2007

Riddle me this...

What in the hell does a man mean when he tells you that you are the kind of girl that one marries, but not that one dates? Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me. What if he says, "You're exactly the kind of girl I want to marry, but since I'm not ready to get married, I don't think we should date." That's a direct quote. Are you or aren't you dating to find a spouse? And I've actually heard this more than once. What the monkey does that mean?!? I don't get it. I think it's a cop out. Losers. Somebody please show me that there are some normal men on this planet.

6 comments:

Spliz said...

there are no normal men on the planet. there are some awesome men on the planet (e.g. Christofer), but no normal ones.
sorry.

Anonymous said...

I think some people are just dating around, having fun, getting laid - that sort of thing.

And I think that probably applies to men more than women.

But you're right, there are no normal men on the planet. The ones with the least flaws are either taken or gay. I know its an old cliche but at the moment I really do believe that!

Leah said...

Ok, I won't give up just yet. I of all people know that "normal" is relative and by no means am I looking for "flawless." I think I'm really wondering where all the men without commitment issues who can go on a date without deciding 15 minutes in whether or not they will marry you, are. Why don't they say, "You're exactly the kind of girl I want to marry, but since I'm not ready to get married, let's take our time, get to know each other better anyway and see what happens?" Is that really too much to ask?

Tiff said...

I've actually gotten quite the similar comment so let me know when you figure it out.

Kimberly said...

Beats me. I wish I had the answer.

Bre said...

If you find a normal one... can you see if he has a brother and then send him my way?

Post a Comment