My favorite carols are:
Bring a Torch, Jeannette Isabella
O Come O Come Emmanuel
The First Noel
Once in Royal David's City
The Wexford Carol (Good People All This Christmastime)
I have a huge collection of Christmas albums and some absolute favorites that I always listen to and couldn't live without. Here's my list of Top 5 favorite albums, in order:
1. The Bells of Dublin, The Chieftains. This one is probably at the top of the list for all of my siblings too. We all love it. My favorite songs from the album are the Wexford Carol, The Rebel Jesus, and O The Holly She Bears a Berry.
2. O Holy Night, Luciano Pavorotti. O Holy Night, Pieta Signore, Gesu Bambino, Ave Maria, okay okay, ALL of them!
3. Ella Wishes You a Swinging Christmas, Ella Fitzgerald. I love the entire album, but especially What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
4. Merry Christmas, Mariah Carey. This was my most favorite holiday album for years, but I've grown to love the others more. It's still here in the T-5 though! The absolute best are Jesus O What a Wonderful Child, and O Holy Night.
5. Star Bright, Vanessa Williams. You gotta love Go Tell It On the Mountain, I Wonder as I Wander, Do You Hear What I Hear? and Gracious Good Shepherd.
My brother just brought me Yo-Yo Ma's Songs of Joy and Peace so it may end up on this list before too long. So far, I love his version of the Wexford Carol. Alison Krauss sings it and it's breathtaking!
What are your favorites?