Pages

27 October 2009

Hello Friends!

I am really excited for Halloween! I'm throwing a Halloween party for my family and friends this year. No one gets through the door without a costume. I don't recall EVER seeing my mom in a costume. I mean EVER. I'm throwing the party at her house and she HAS to dress up. First she said she was going to be a queen. Now she's going as a witch. But not like your typical black dress black hat striped tights witch. A quirky Terry Pratchett-ish witch. It's gonna be awesome. She asked me to scout out a wig for her while I was shopping yesterday and Garrett and I stumbled upon a layered 1980's rocker wig in full crimp and I couldn't resist. She loves it! I'm going as Medusa and am having a devil of a time finding small rubber snakes to go in my hair! But I'm sure I'll find some before too long. Garrett is going as Zeus. I told him it takes a real man to let his girlfriend put gold glitter all over his face. I can hardly wait. I'll be sure to post photos!

What are you doing for Halloween this year?

2 comments:

Nama said...

How fun! I can't wait to see pictures!

And I was Medusa a few years ago, and I bought these: http://www.86jol.com/pic/0883117628.jpg
I had a friend carefully help me wrap my hair around them and anchor them so that they'd stick straight out. It worked awesomely! And then I spray painted my hair green to complete the look. I loved it! Here's a picture: http://namabanana.blogspot.com/2007/10/everyone-hail-to-pumpkin-king.html

Good luck!

Leah said...

Nama you're a genius! My hair is relatively short, but I'm gonna give it a try anyway. Thanks girl!

Post a Comment