Pages

30 March 2007

A Few Things...

I posted some new links in my sidebar. There is a website called Web of Friends that is looking for young adults to share their stories of dating violence as part of a new campaign to help teens. If you have ever experienced dating violence, (dating violence is not just physical abuse, it is also verbal abuse and manipulation among other things), and are comfortable telling your story, please go there and do so. You may save someones life.

I'm finally going to start research for a project I've been thinking about for a year or more. I want to prepare a presentation for young single adults on family and dating violence, especially in the various forms that are unique to my religious culture. This has nagged at me for a year, but I've put it off. It can't wait any longer. I now have a friend who I think could be a remarkable contributor, so I'm going to see if she is willing. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am looking into the various shelters and social service organizations in my area and looking for job openings...

And last but definitely not least, it's that time of year again!

I'm participating in the annual Walk to End Domestic Violence again. You are welcome to check out my page and even donate if you feel so inclined. At least check out the event and who will be served by it.

Click here for info about the 5th Annual Walk to End Domestic Violence.

Click here for my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment