Pages

16 July 2010

Censorship

I've been reading birth books like crazy lately trying to get my Dona certification done and have read so very many amazing ones. If you need a recommendation, let me know. If you want to know what to avoid, let me know. While I was getting ready for work today, my darling husband started flipping through one of the books I recently picked up at the library and found that some kind (read: crazy) soul had carefully cut out mini post-it strips to cover some of the breasts and labias in the book. The offending spots seemed to be chosen at random since there were plenty of graphic photos of childbirth that were left untouched. We flipped through the whole book cracking up and removing the censor-its. Maybe you find line drawings and photographs of childbirth offensive, but I certainly hope not.


1 comment:

Nama said...

Speaking of birth, I saw these photos the other day and thought you'd love them: http://peaceandpandemonium.blogspot.com/2010/07/birth-story.html

Post a Comment