Pages

21 July 2006

ol' lazy self

I've been using my crazy-busy-life/fatigue/family issues as an excuse to not build any relationships. It's true that I don't know anyone, but that is my fault. I need to go out and meet people and have some kind of social life to keep myself sane. And I want to settle down. Truly. There's a one month old baby in the shelter right now and I hold him every chance I can get. I got to give him a bottle today and I have to say, I am crazy baby hungry ya'll. I've been informed that statements like this scare off potential suitors, but I don't care. I'm never going to hide the fact that I am crazy about kids to catch myself a man. And as I told my homeboy Ryan recently, it's not like I start talking about babies on the first date, and I'm definitely not the kind of girl who wants a honeymoon baby. I just really want to find someone as committed to raising a happy healthy family as I am. I'd love to get married, settle in, travel, develop a fantastic relationship, then bring little people in. But none of this happens overnight. And it rarely just shows up on your doorstep when you least expect it, regardless of what people say. I recognize that I've got to do my part. So even though I'm stressed to capacity right now, I'm going to take the time to go to more ward activities and get to know people. And who knows? Maybe I'll go against the grain and ask that tall dark and handsome guy in my ward out.

oh yeah, if you want to get with this, read this first. then holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment